[standards-jig] NEW: Limiting and Paging Extension (JEP-0059)

Thomas Muldowney temas at box5.net
Tue Nov 12 21:47:18 UTC 2002

knee jerk read reaction.... First, why not minimize the syntax?

<limit xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/limit' start='1' count='5' max='10' />

Also, as I used above I think the xmlns should be something more like
that rather than using the xmpp designation.  I also have some questions
about the different types, mainly the stop and min.  The stop type seems
to be redundant if you have a start and count.  The min type seems to
suggest the need for an error definition if the min can't be reached.

Like I said this is all knee jerk after a first reading.

--temas