[standards-jig] Question about copyright

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Nov 13 15:51:41 UTC 2002

A lot of questions.

First, the intention of the IPR policy was to protect the community from
possible protocol pollution by bad actors. Obviously I did not think
enough about the consumer side of the equation. In an earlier draft of the
IPR policy I specified that JEPs are covered under the Open Publication
License (as, you'll notice, all the JabberManual docs are, including the
protocol docs). So I think the legal notice should say that the JEPs are
also covered under the Open Publication License. I'm not sure how or why I
deleted that from the legal notice text, but I think it would answer your
questions. The OPL is here:

http://www.opencontent.org/openpub/

Jabber Software Foundation