[standards-jig] NEW: Limiting and Paging Extension (JEP-0059)

Jean-Louis Seguineau/EXC/TEC jean-louis.seguineau at antepo.com
Wed Nov 13 16:23:21 UTC 2002

Temas,

This JEP is derived from an actual implentation which is running live, hence
the use of xmpp-ish namespace. For sure there is no problem with adopting a
more modern looking namespace, and in the end wouldn't that be on JANA's
plate :) I'll amend the JEP.

Although I understant your point about syntax, there is always a trade off
between protocol and application. I strongly believe that protocol should
not be biaised by a possible implementation, and I want to always allow
"extensible" to remain in focus, hence the use of separate single attribute
occurence of limit. Once again the meaning of it is purely implementation
dependent. It is just providing a tool. For example we have cases where we
use "stop" alone.

--jean louis