[standards-jig] RFC822 style JIDs

Craig Kaes ckaes at jabber.com
Wed Nov 13 20:08:54 UTC 2002

As long as we're opening up this can of worms, how do folks at large
like the node identifier requirement that they be compared in a case
insensitive manner but case must maintained?  In implementing a simple
pubsub mechanism, this forces one to maintain a case-folded
canonicalized JID (for queries like "show all subscriptions held by
foo at bar.com") as well as the JID that was sent in (for sending of
notifications to "FoO at bar.com").  Why can't I just send to the
case-folded canonicalized JID?  The current implementations may not
route cacnonicalized JIDs having multibyte characters correctly, but
that is no reason to muddy the spec with this requirement, IMHO.

--C