[standards-jig] Asking the server for my IP address

David Sutton jabber at dsutton.legend.uk.com
Thu Nov 21 15:38:28 UTC 2002

Hi there,

  It would require a rewrite of the jabberd core in order to export the IP
  address information to an external component. This is why I suggested
  using an external daemon that just listens on a port for a connection
  and returns the connected IP address. This wouldn't need handshaking,
  just a straight response to connection. The only thing I think this
  would need additionally is something in the Server Disco/Browse so
  that the client could find the daemon.

Regards,

  David