[standards-jig] UPDATED: JANA (JEP-0053)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Nov 22 17:31:02 UTC 2002

It's come to my attention that there is some confusion regarding JANA
(what's new?). In its meeting on 2002-11-08 [1], the Jabber Council
decided that it is not necessary for now to create a special panel of
people to administer a registry of namespaces and parameter values.
Rather, they suggested leaving this up to the JEP Editor for now, although
they (or the JSF Board) reserve the right to create such a panel in the
future. I should not have deferred consideration of the JEP, but instead
should have updated it to reflect the Council discussion. I have just done
that and have published a new version:

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0053.html

I apologize for the confusion. Feel free to discuss this on the list so we
can get this clarified and have the Council ratify this arrangement.

Thanks.

Peter

[1]
http://www.jabber.org/chatbot/logs/conference.jabber.org/foundation/2002-11-08.html