[standards-jig] x:oob in presence

Thomas Muldowney temas at box5.net
Mon Oct 28 05:22:26 UTC 2002

The important thing to think about when putting stuff in a presence
packet is this:  Does everyone on my roster care about and have the
ability to parse this information?  If you're answer is no, it probably
shouldn't be in presence.  The large amount of replication is another
factor.  Everything you send will be multiplied by the number of entries
in your roster.  Most commonly you are going to want to look at pubsub
to solve some of these broadcast problems.  The council is hard at work
to get pubsub finished up.

--temas