[standards-jig] NEW JEP: Multi-User Chat

Jonathan Pobst jpobst at utk.edu
Thu Sep 12 05:50:44 UTC 2002

I'm glad to see things going in this direction.

I realize its a very rough draft, but it doesn't really touch on kick or
ban.  That is, a mechanism is needed to have the service send you an admin
form containing the options like kick and ban.  How is the best way to go
about this?  Sending an iq:get to the service?  Or maybe a message to
room at service/admin?   Once that is in place, I think that covers every admin
situation.

The other point is are we going to expand the groupchat protocol (the
presence based one, in case I am calling it the wrong thing) to handle
things like password protected rooms, or will it be similar in that when you
attempt to join one you are prompted with an xdata form to put in the
password?  Hmm, I guess I kinda answered my own question in that it better
be the second case, but please add that to the JEP.  The flow of that may be
a little tricky with letting clients that don't support xdata know that they
can't get in with out a password, but I have faith in you.  :)

Good job,
pobst