[standards-jig] NEW JEP: Multi-User Chat

Peter G. Millard me at pgmillard.com
Sat Sep 14 05:10:57 UTC 2002

Julian -

Why use a much more complex/complicated protocol instead of extending a
simpler one? Almost every jaber client already implements this basic core
protocol, and it can be extended to fit the needs that most people have been
asking for that DW's stuff was trying to solve. It seems that we would get
more traction by using the existing code base. GC 1.0 wasn't that bad... it
was simple, and thats why almost all clients implement it.

my $0.02

pgm