[standards-jig] JEP-0045 Suggestions

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Tue Sep 17 09:32:33 UTC 2002

> Sure, telepathy might be a way, but the safer one would be to move
"banning
> from the conference server" outside the protocol, as it can be understood
as
> an act that is done from outside the conference server.

Why should it be outside the protocol seeing as it is a part of conferencing
and thus the conferencing protocol, it just needs to be stated in the
documentation what does what, and then if developers use it wrongly and ban
people from the server and not a room, then that is the developers fault and
a bug in the software, it just needs to be clearly stated in the
documentation as to avoid most people making mistakes. Also how can banning
someone from the conferencing server be an act done outside of the server
???

> > the administrator to ban someone from an entire room (i do not agree
with

> err. entire server

Yes I know and as you said eariler yes you should have read the second email
first :)

Richard