[standards-jig] UPDATED: Multi-User Chat (JEP 45, v. 0.3)

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Wed Sep 18 08:51:56 UTC 2002

Hi Peter,

I dont know if this has already been discussed but the kicks band and whois
requests are being sent to room at server/admin wouldnt it make more sence to
just send it to room at server because sending it to /admin suggests you are
sending it to a user rather than the room, the server can easily filter it
out as a command and not send it to the participants. Other than that the
jep looks good, although something I would like to see is the only thing
that is missing from this that was in the generic conferencing protocol and
that is somehow defining a list of nicks to try and if not generate one.
Maybe it needs to be done as an extra step if wanted before sending presence
to a room to discover an unused or generate one for you which you can then
use to send to the room, maybe an iq get result sequence or something.

Richard