[standards-jig] UPDATED AGAIN: Multi-User Chat, v. 0.4

David Sutton jabber at dsutton.legend.uk.com
Thu Sep 19 17:49:45 UTC 2002

Hi there,

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 12:01:06PM -0500, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, David Sutton wrote:
> >   ownership, defined in the configuration file.
>
> Please explain. I could certainly see the need or desire for a room owner
> to name another owner or a replacement owner, but I don't see why a mere
> admin would be able to take ownership.

I see this more of a server administration task, where a dispute might
occur between people all wanting the same room, and one person is either
abusing privileges or is just cybersitting in the room. To paraphrase,
using the conferencing system is a privilege, not a right. I'm just
covering any potential issues I could see coming up in the future.
Transference of, or adding of room administrationship would be good as
well.

Regards,

  David

--