[standards-jig] UPDATED AGAIN: Multi-User Chat, v. 0.4

Klaus H. Wolf wolf at bluehands.de
Thu Sep 19 19:16:56 UTC 2002

About requesting the real ID.

Example 38. Room Admin Requests Real JID

  <iq type='set' to='room at service' id='whois'/>
    <x xmlns='jabber:gc:admin'>
      <whois>someloser</whois>
    </x>
  </iq>

Does this replace the existing <iq-browse to the user-resource of the room?

Which is:

  <iq type='get' to='room at service/someloser'>
    <query xmlns='jabber:iq:browse'/>
  </iq>

Which curently returns:

  <iq type='result' from='room at service/someloser'>
    <user xmlns='jabber:iq:browse' name='someloser'>
      <user jid='realuser at realserver/realresource'/>
    </user>
  </iq>

Will the admin be able to get the real JID even if the user switched on the
<privacy/>?

--
Dr. Klaus H. Wolf
bluehands GmbH & Co.mmunication KG