[standards-jig] Version 0.6 of JEP-0045 (Multi-User Chat)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Sat Sep 21 23:12:10 UTC 2002

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, David Sutton wrote:

>   Ok, regarding roles - does admin imply voice, or should two role
>   elements be given, one for admin and one for voice? Actually, in the
>   examples, you have voice as a seperate element - should it not be a
>   role?

Hmm, I kinda like that idea. If everything is a role and we define the
roles clearly enough, then when someone loses a role we can "decrement"
them down to the next role by sending new presence for them including the
role they've descended to (insert Dante reference here).

So:

<role level='owner'/> == God (at least in this room)

<role level='admin'/> == demi-god, has special powers

<role level='participant'/> == has voice ("speaker"?)

<role level='auditor'/> == pleb with no voice in moderated room

Naturally we could define other levels, as IRC does, but these seem to
address most of our requirements. Thoughts?

>   Example 28 - should <x xmlns='jabber:gc:user'> read
>   <x xmlns='jabber:iq:negotiate'> ?

Fixed.

/stpeter