[standards-jig] Version 0.6 of JEP-0045 (Multi-User Chat)

David Sutton jabber at dsutton.legend.uk.com
Sun Sep 22 09:22:45 UTC 2002

Hi all,

  Just a thought which came to me. With the roles system, we are
  effectively giving each user a userlevel. With this in mind, shouldn't
  loss of a role be shown by a changed role in the extended part of the
  presence packet, rather than just an empty <x> element, as per Example
  7?

  Also, for discovering room features, should the returned list be the
  capabilities of a user, or the capabilities of that user? Ie, if i'm
  an admin and send that request, should the response be a generic user
  answer, or have my capabilities? If its a generic user, shouldn't an
  admin be able to send a <feature type='jabber:gc:admin'/>, and an
  owner send a <feature type='jabber:gc:owner'/> namespace in the
  iq:negotiate? If the latter scheme is chosen, then a user of a certain
  role should be able to query their level and the levels below them, in
  my opinion.

More food for thought,

  David

--