[standards-jig] Version 0.6 of JEP-0045 (Multi-User Chat)

David Sutton jabber at dsutton.legend.uk.com
Sun Sep 22 15:04:48 UTC 2002

Hello,

  I get an idea of what you are trying to achieve, but in some respects
  I feel its beyond the realms of this jep. One of the core aims is to
  ensure compatibility with the existing GroupChat v1 code. What you are
  proposing, although an interesting concept, would be hard to keep that
  goal with. My attitude has been 'fix what we have now, and then once
  we're stable, we can create new, advanced conferencing protocols safe
  in the knowledge that what we have works now' and I still believe that
  now.

  In the end, it is up to Peter Saint-Andre, but thats my feelings on
  the matter :)

Regards,

  David