[standards-jig] VoIP and Jabber

Craig Southeren craig_southeren at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 14:52:50 UTC 2003

Ulrich,

   Thanks for the pointer to vCards. I'd not got around to looking at that
yet, but I've just had a quick look at JEP-0054 and RFC2426 and it certainly
contains all of the normal business card data such as phone numbers etc.

   However, there does not seem to be any mention in either of these
documents of VoIP properties such as H.323 or SIP addressing information, or
video or codec capabilities. Are there any conventions or standards for this
that you know of?

   I'll also look for any docs on the differences between Yabber and Exodus
vCard formats. Any hints you can offer?

   Does

   Craig