[standards-jig] NEW: Malicious Stanzas in Jabber (JEP-0076)

Mattias Campe mattias.campe at rug.ac.be
Wed Apr 2 09:31:44 UTC 2003

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 12:06:46AM +0200, Mattias Campe wrote:
>

>>Maybe strange feedback, but what is actually the purpose of this JEP?
>>Why would clients want to indicate that they are sending malicous
>>XML-data, if they know it, they can as well send the correct XML-data.
>>I'm not in doubt of this JEP :), it's just that I don't get the picture :(.
>

> It's really a follow-up to RFC 3514:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3514.txt
>
> Read the slashdot story for more information:
>
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/04/01/133217
>
> Peter

Damn, damn, damn, I had 3 april fool jokes and I've felt for 2 of them
(or how do you say that in English) :(. Gentoo said they were leaving
their own packaging system (this one even included a note that it was an
april fool joke, but at that time, those letters were too small to be
able to read them by my sleepy eyes).

Then another one was from my friends, where I almost felt for and now
this one... It should be Evil Peter, instead of Saint Peter ;). Next
time I have a clock ticking on my dekstop the size of my 17-inch
monitor, one for every time zone. Hey, now wait a minute, in Belgium, it
already was the 2nd of april ; sorry Peter, but I'm going to have to sue
you for fooling me ;).

2n april greetings
Mattias

BTW How many people are subscribed to this list? Could you at least
delete my post from the archives ;)?