[standards-jig] NEW: In-Band Registration (JEP-0077)

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Mon Apr 7 07:09:14 UTC 2003

On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 07:28:30PM -0500, Matt Tucker wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Iain recently emailed the list asking how everyone sees the registration
> fields evolving vs. V-card, etc.
I remember the mail and I don't think this is a good idea. Registration
IMHO should be made using jabber:x:data which allows use of any fields
needed. Current registration field (as used in jabber:iq:register) or
vCard fields are usually not enough or too much (or both).

Mechanism defined in JEP-0068 can be used to link vCard fields with
registration form fields.

Greets,
	Jacek