[standards-jig] JEP-0047 (IBB) Updated

Peter Millard me at pgmillard.com
Mon Apr 7 18:04:25 UTC 2003

<council_hat>
For the record, I concur with temas' assessment of the various issues with this
JEP.

1) Need to find a better method for "stamping" instead of the seq, prev-seq
mess.
2) Use <message> elements perhaps with proper expiration headers instead of
using <iq>'s. We get lots of delivery semantics from jabber itself. Lets use
them :) We don't need the overhead of ack'ing every message. (We don't need to
re-invent TCP here).

#1 is hard than #2... But temas' example of:
 s0, s0 p0, s0 p0, s0 p0
is just plain scary. No jabber protocol should allow this type of behavior IMO.

Lets fix both up and push it through.
</council_hat>

pgm.