[standards-jig] JEP-0047 (IBB) Updated

Thomas Muldowney temas at box5.net
Mon Apr 7 18:11:59 UTC 2003

What I'm trying to say is that you are always (I haven't seen a case
yet) going to have another layer above the stream.  You have some sort
of negotiation and then decode rules.  Using the FT example, you might
have a SHA1 to use on the data to ensure that it is all there after
transfer.  Chess would probably have a protocol for saying who is what
color, and then you would have to know how to decode each packet, you
would have to know if you use a stream per packet, or how to delimit
packets.  The streams are like TCP, you have to have something else on
it, so the meta data is probably encoded in the stream, not actually
along side the encoded data.  Is that clear at all?

--temas