[standards-jig] JEP-0047 (IBB) Updated

David Waite mass at akuma.org
Mon Apr 7 22:45:23 UTC 2003

This means that I cannot receive packets 11 and 12 out-of-order, but
does not make guarantees about me missing #11 altogether. The authors of
IBB can either get around this by requiring retries if an ack isn't
received after a certain period of time (not advisable, since this will
have to take the karma of IBB into account, and would thus make client
authoring depend on knowledge of the socket), or requiring a terminating
ack to indicate that the recipient has received the file (which could
wind up being a lot like ZMODEM, with the addition of intermediate

-David Waite