[standards-jig] IBB: Making it all "go"

Matthew A. Miller linuxwolf at outer-planes.no-ip.com
Tue Apr 8 23:19:30 UTC 2003

Overall, this seems much more palatable.  Just a couple of "additional
points (-:

1)  Error states are necessary, but we really should also be explicit
for when we "open" and "close".  I can see this conveyed by either an
attribute (demonstrated) or "verb" element:

EXAMPLE-1 - Open/Create a stream:
<iq type="set" id="inband_1" to="joe at blow.com/Home">
  <query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/ibb" sid="mySID"
action="open"/>
</iq>

EXAMPLE-2 - Close a stream:
<iq type="set" id="inband_3" to="joe at blow.com/Home">
  <query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/ibb" sid="mySID" seq="3"
action="close"/>
</iq>

2)  All IQ-results include the appropriate element in the IBB
namespace.  For instance, (when creating/opening a stream) instead of

<iq type="result" id="inband_1" from="joe at blow.com/Home"/>

it should be

<iq type="result" id="inband_1" from="joe at blow.com/Home">
  <query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocols/ibb" sid="mySID"