[standards-jig] IBB: Making it all "go"

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Tue Apr 8 23:26:26 UTC 2003

Also what about using a jabber:x:expire of a few minutes on the message
packets to make sure they wont get stored for too long.

But I do see the problem of easier denial of service if message packets
are used in this manor to transfer the data rather than iq, i.e.
sending lots and lots of packets that get stored offline and then when
they are delivered to the user could hold up their connection for ages
or maybe even cause a karma problem (does karma affect the direction of
server to client?).

Richard