[standards-jig] IBB: Making it all "go"

Paul Curtis pcurtis at terrapin.com
Tue Apr 8 23:35:08 UTC 2003

Dave Smith wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'd like to take a moment and summarize the discussion and excellent
> ideas that have been bounced around the past few days and see if we can
> manage to reach some form of consensus about what needs to be done to
> get the IBB JEP "complete".

I think that these objectives for IBB are reasonable, and cover all the
possible use cases. As Matt Tucker has stated before, the file type meta
data would occur at a level above the stream itself, and should be
defined as such in a separate JEP to provide a standard method for
providing such meta data.

All in all, Diz has summarized the stream level issues well, and with
some stream leve lerror handling, I believe this JEP can go forward.

paul