[standards-jig] IBB: Making it all "go"

Justin Karneges justin-jdev at affinix.com
Wed Apr 9 02:44:14 UTC 2003

> 4.) Clarify the error states in the JEP, so that the behavior of the
> stream in error conditions is well specified. In my mind, this is the
> only outstanding point of discussion. The clarification should detail
> what happens specifically when:
> 	4a.) The target goes offline (for any reason)

What should we do about message packets that wind up going to the next
available resource?  As DW noted, this could be a low-bandwidth resource that
does not want to be bombarded.

I hate to wreck the party, but as much as I like these latest ideas, I think
we may want to go back to just plain <iq> with wait-for-result.  Sure, this
has the downside of extra turn-around time per packet, but at least it is
issue-free (no counters, no delivery problems).

-Justin