[standards-jig] IBB - the collection of the remaining issues and arguments.
crabbkw at nafai.dyndns.org
Wed Apr 9 22:32:37 UTC 2003
I don't mean to be confrontational, but I'd going to have to disagree
with StPeter. Consensus has not been reached yet.
There are a few remaining open issues with IBB that I will attempt to
summarize without giving opinion.
* Message versus IQ
The arguments for Message:
- Its the "right" way to send "Data" in Jabber
The arguments against Message:
- It automatically goes to the next resource down the list if the
addressed one goes offline.
- It gets stored offline and may inadvertently cause a DOS.
The arguments for IQ
- It supports an XMPP way of confirming reciept
The arguments against IQ
- It "forces" confirming reciept of each packet.
- It's not the "right" way of sending "data" in jabber
* Flow Control / Acknowledge packet receipt
- Do we need it at all?
I see the need for more discussion before the jep can be updated and
we can move forward. We need to be able to answer the above and have
people agree on the *reasoning* behind the answers.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Standards