[standards-jig] IBB - the collection of the remaining issues and arguments.

Tijl Houtbeckers thoutbeckers at splendo.com
Wed Apr 9 23:12:15 UTC 2003

Casey Crabb <crabbkw at nafai.dyndns.org> wrote on 10-4-2003 0:32:37:

>* Flow Control / Acknowledge packet receipt
> - Do we need it at all?

Maybe in the concept of Jabber as a huge semi store-and-forward server
for filetransfers flow Control might not be required (though I woudln't
want that on *my* server). However there are many more uses that
absolutly require flowcontrol, such as sending realtime dynamic data.
<iq> can do flowcontrol very easily. <message> could do flow control
too, with the help of JEP-22 (Message Events). However this JEP is
informational and not standards track.

--
Tijl Houtbeckers
Software Engineer @ Splendo