[standards-jig] IBB: Making it all "go"

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Apr 10 14:48:23 UTC 2003

I apologize, my message was a little harsh.

It seems to me that it may be a little early to consider IBB using
message, since we don't have the appropriate message semantics and
routing in place yet. So I see three possible courses of action:

1. Defer IBB until we've defined the required messaging semantics

2. Push through IBB using IQ (my sense is the Council may reject it)

3. Implement IBB with IQ in some clients and see how it works

Not everything in Jabber needs to go through the JEP process, and in
this instance it might be valuable to pursue #3 and gain some
experience with IBB before seeking ratification of the protocol.

Thoughts?

Jabber Software Foundation