[standards-jig] jep-22 to standards track?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Apr 10 14:51:36 UTC 2003

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 09:20:17PM -0400, Justin Kirby wrote:
> This might prove to be a stupid question... but since jep22 is so
> ubiquitous (at least in the clients I have used) why not start it on the
> road to standard?
>
> If that is deemed a Good Thing[tm] to do, what would be the process for
> doing it? Starting a new jep to say the same thing seems a bit redundant

There are no stupid questions. Probably the best thing is to create a
new JEP, because the syntax and semantics of the standards-track
proposal will probably be different enough from the current protocol
that we might not be able to ensure compatibility. Perhaps the best way
to proceed would be to discuss the changes people would like to make and
see if they can be retrofitted onto the current message event protocol.
Any volunteers?

Jabber Software Foundation