[standards-jig] NEW: Non-SASL Authentication (JEP-0078)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Apr 10 18:12:30 UTC 2003

Following on the heels of my JEP on jabber:iq:register, I've written a
JEP on jabber:iq:auth. Same story: old protocol, cut from the Internet
Drafts because not appropriate for the XMPP WG, now needs canonical
documentation, standards-track (!) so we can include it in the Jabber IM
Basic 1.0 protocol suite.

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0078.html

This is a first version. Does not include zerok because, well, if you
want real security use SASL. Feedback welcome as always.

Jabber Software Foundation