[standards-jig] NEW: Non-SASL Authentication (JEP-0078)

Craig Southeren craigs at equival.com.au
Thu Apr 10 22:14:22 UTC 2003

Peter,
  Thank you for making this document available. I have been looking for
exactly this information for the last week or so for use with a
particular project I am working on.

  It should also be noted that non-SASL authentication is also useful
when only SSL-based connections are used (perhaps via the use of stunnel)
or the server is embedded within a secure network.

   Craig

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 13:12:30 -0500
Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org> wrote:

> Following on the heels of my JEP on jabber:iq:register, I've written a
> JEP on jabber:iq:auth. Same story: old protocol, cut from the Internet
> Drafts because not appropriate for the XMPP WG, now needs canonical
> documentation, standards-track (!) so we can include it in the Jabber IM
> Basic 1.0 protocol suite.
>
> http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0078.html
>
> This is a first version. Does not include zerok because, well, if you
> want real security use SASL. Feedback welcome as always.
>
> Peter
>
> --
> Peter Saint-Andre
> Jabber Software Foundation

 Craig Southeren,
 Managing Director, Equivalence Pty Ltd
 Director, MicroTelco Gateway, Quicknet Technologies, Inc.
 Voice: +1 415 864 5225 x 700    Fax:   +61 2 4367 3140
        +61 2 4365 4666          H.323: phone.craig.southeren.com
 ICQ:   #86852844                MSN: craig_southeren at hotmail.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quicknet's revolutionary MicroTelco Services offers
LOW WORLDWIDE RATES ANY TIME OF THE DAY with
No monthly fees! No monthly minimums! No connection fees!
US rates as low as 2.9 cents a minute! To see more rates,
visit www.microtelco.com

****LIVE VIDEO CONFERENCE NOW AVAILABLE*****
CUworld v6.0 is currently in beta.  CUworld is an affordable
easy-to-use service providing live visual communication
between friends, family and colleagues worldwide.
To try out the beta with no obligation visit,
http://beta.cuworld.com.