[standards-jig] IBB: lets get some real-world data

Casey Crabb crabbkw at nafai.dyndns.org
Thu Apr 10 23:16:48 UTC 2003

I think we're at the point where people are so entrenched in their way
that we won't get anywhere by just debating back and forth. We need
more data to bring to the debate table.

So I'm suggesting that we get some real data by doing a couple
implementations of IBB in various ways and doing some bandwidth,
flowcontrol, overhead analysis, etc.

Now I know then next thing to come up is what use-cases are
'real-world' use cases.  Since Tijl has a use for an IBB-like-protocol
RSN, he probably has a use in mind. So he can propose a few
use-cases. To make sure things are balanced I'd also like PGM to come
up with a few use-cases that we can use in the tests. (I hate to
volunteer you guys, but it seems you have the most to say about it)

I'll offer some dev time in hacking on a branch of IMCom to support a
few different implementations.

Thoughts?

--
Casey