[standards-jig] A Question About Namespaces

Iain Shigeoka iain.shigeoka at messaginglogic.com
Mon Apr 14 04:15:59 UTC 2003

On 4/13/03 17:28, "Robert Norris" <rob at cataclysm.cx> wrote:

>> This isn't just more namespace bashing -- I'm honestly wondering if
>> it's ever going to be worth my time and effort to upgrade my Jabber
>> processor to really grok namespaces.
>
> Do it - the more we have, the faster we get real namespace processing
> adopted :)

Agreed. This has been a sore point for me as my tools make it simpler to use
namespace prefixes (ala SOAP) which many clients don't properly grok.

Also, from a compliance standpoint (http://www.jabber.org/compliance), we'll
probably go easy on the first round with regards to namespace handling but I
can assure you if I have a say in things, full and proper XML handling is
going to become a significant part of compliance tests in the future. ;)

-iain