[standards-jig] NEW: Message Delivery Semantics (JEP-0079)

Robert Norris rob at cataclysm.cx
Wed Apr 16 04:09:46 UTC 2003

> If you can think of a need for prefixes it's not that easy to think of
> one for suffixes or substrings either. Or at least, easyer than
> thinking of uses for subset matching ;)

Fair enough. Its trivial to implement either way :)

> That does bring up a question though. If a presence with lower priority
> matches my sub-/super-set exactly, and one with higher priority
> partially, it still goes to the highest priority resource?

I would say that exact matches trump partial matches. But this sort of
thing really should go into this JEP.

Alternatively, we could just say that if a packet arrives with delivery
semantics on it, then those semantics are processed in isolation. Only
when there are no matching sessions do the "traditional" (XMPP-IM) rules
come into effect.

Rob.