[standards-jig] NEW: Message Delivery Semantics (JEP-0079)

Matthew A. Miller linuxwolf at outer-planes.no-ip.com
Wed Apr 16 15:53:57 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 18:48, Tijl Houtbeckers wrote:
> Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org> wrote on 16-4-2003 0:17:14:
> >
> >Matthew Miller has submitted a JEP for message delivery semantics. This
> >JEP addresses the recent discussions on this list. You can find it
> >here:
> >
> >http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0079.html
>

> To avoid confusion you could mention at point 7.1.2 wether that is
> 00:00:00 at the beginning or the end of the day.

Actually, as I recall [1], ISO-8601 makes such a distinction already:

00:00:00 is the beginning of the day.
24:00:00 is the end of the day.

Whether the JEP should be changed to refer to the end of the day rather
than the beginning of the day, I'll leave out there for debate (-:

> As for point 7.1.3: just pre-fixes and no post-fixes?

[1] The only immediate reference to this I found was a note by Japanese
translators at http://www.lise.jp/datetime.html#time, and I did not find
any dissenting references.
--

Matt "linuxwolf" Miller