[standards-jig] spring cleaning!

Ulrich Staudinger chicago5 at gmx.de
Mon Apr 21 21:59:07 UTC 2003

Hi,

[snipping a very long list]

> - 56 (Business Data Interchange) -- ulrich?

[snip again]
> - 67 (Stock Data Transmission) -- ulrich?

> And if you are an author of one of the JEPs mentioned above and you
> either do or do not plan to move it forward, I think the list would
> appreciate hearing about it. This will also help the Council plan its
> priorities.

I do plan to go on with business data interchange ant stocks, especially
since
#67 has an error in it, so this has to be fixed. In fact i had some
stock traders and stock data services all over the world, some of them
wanted
to see this jep in action and in a proper state (?), whatever it means.

the BDI is somewhat more complex, since it involves mainly ebXML.

summing up, i need to see a way to embed it into the jabber protocol (or
xmpp?), which i don`t see in the current situation. These jeps are propably
very
specific, jep 67 is propably very easy to add. i'd like to see jep #67
somehow
properly documented and accepted, since there is no stock data xml format
described in the web (at least not that i know), acceptance and response
shows me, that traders from all over the world yell for something like this.

#56 would fit nicely into trade/buy/sell goods environments built upon
jabber,
which i want to see soon, too.

#56 is very good for many other things (i implement a process/workflow
tracker
system with it), but again, it does not really fit into the protocol, it is
more like an
extension which should be standardized. I do not reject this jep.

best regards,
ulrich

p.s. linux kernel compiling s****.

--