[standards-jig] JEP-50 Sponsorship
JHildebrand at jabber.com
Tue Apr 22 15:51:14 UTC 2003
- First sentance of 2.1 doesn't parse. I think there is supposed to be a
period in there.
- In 2.2, perhaps a note that says that the disco#items results could have
different jids than the jid you sent the query to. (redirects)
- In 2.3, the presence thing makes me nervous. I'm not sure how receivers
are supposed to deal with this. Assuming the receiver is a client, is it
supposed to render this each time it is received? Cache it for later? (the
latter actually could make sense, I suppose...) Presumably for <message/>
the client is always supposed to render the command list at that point in
- In 2.4.1, is there precedence between the x:data result and oob's? or
should I always handle all of them?
- In 2.4, perhaps it should be <iq type='get'> for simple execution, which
MAY return a form, and then <iq type='set'> to submit the form. I think
server-side implementation will be a little easier, then.
- Should example 14 just be x:data results? I don't feel strongly about
- In 2.4.3, can we use the existing x:data cancel semantics, if there is a
form in progress? That might lead to the removal of the action attribute.
- 4.2: schema will be required before it goes draft.
- In 7, will it be possible for the Jabber Registrar to register particular
command names, like JEP-68? Again, not something I feel strongly about, but
a sentance here may save us a JEP later.
All in all, this JEP is fabulous. Great work linuxwolf.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Thomas Muldowney [mailto:temas at box5.net]
> Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 10:23 PM
> To: standards-jig at jabberstudio.org
> Subject: [standards-jig] JEP-50 Sponsorship
> I'm sponsoring JEP-50 and I'm motioning for Last Call on it.
> It's time
> to speak up if you have any thoughts or concerns.
More information about the Standards