[standards-jig] NEW: Jabber Timestamp Profiles (JEP-0082)

m at tthias.net m at tthias.net
Thu Apr 24 06:54:05 UTC 2003

Hi Peter!

Peter Saint-Andre schrieb am 2003-04-21 22:58:03:
> It seems that timestamp formats are inconsistently defined in the many
> JEPs that make use of ISO 8601. This JEP seeks to remedy that situation.

I think the GMT time zone needs some more explanation in this JEP. I
think it should be said that this time zone is expressed as "+0000".

"-0000" could be used for a timestamp that is in GMT but has been
created by an entity that does not reside in this time zone. This is the
way "-0000" is defined in RFC 2822 (e-mail).

Tot kijk
    Matthias