[standards-jig] JEP-0033 Jabber Packet Headers in iq

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Fri Apr 25 06:49:20 UTC 2003

Hi,

In section 4 of the JEP there's mention of where headers can be included.
The inclusion in message and presence stanzas is clear to me, but including
headers in iq stanzas doesn't seem useful at all.

Iq stanzas can contain only one namespaced (other than iq itself) child. So
either you have to send headers with no content, or the header container
can't be a direct child of iq. But in the latter case, this violates section 3.

Furthermore, since JEP 0033 is targeted for multicasting, I don't see how
that would work with replies.

Yes, it mentioned in JEP 0033 that including headers might not be useful on iq
stanzas. I conclude they are really not useful.

--
Groetjes,

Ralphm