[standards-jig] Jabber i18n proposal

Sebastiaan Deckers cbas at screaming3d.com
Fri Apr 25 09:00:28 UTC 2003

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0026.html
This JEP does almost the same that you suggest.  It was simply replaced
by the IETF draft so I don't think we need another JEP documenting it.

But I don't think we should use xml:lang on individual tags.  Only on
the tag with xmlns="...".
eg:
and not:

Because keeping the xml:lang attribute in a known location would be a
lot easier to parse and construct, I expect. (like xmlns="...")

The specific usage of xml:lang should be documented in each JEP.  There
is no way to "add localization" to all existing JEPs with a new JEP.
A lot of work, but maybe new JEPs should be expected to say something
about localization?

--
Sebastiaan