[standards-jig] Proposal: Jabber as universal ID

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Mon Dec 1 23:29:22 UTC 2003

Indeed, you should not have to enter your Jabber password anywhere.  Drupal
works this way (needs the jabber password), last I checked, which is
unfortunate.

One of my long term plans for the Psi Forum was to have a 'forum bot' that
sits in the roster of all members.  Giving it available presence would sign
you into the forum, and if you right-click and choose 'Go to Website', then
the client would open a browser window to the website, where you are fully
logged in.

This means you would not need a new username or password at the forum.  Just
enter your JID into the website, and authorize the bot.  To login, just fire
up your Jabber client.  Easy, and WAY more secure than MS passport.

-Justin