[standards-jig] Re: [Foundation] Motion for Last Call - Chat State Notifications (JEP-0085)

Peter Millard me at pgmillard.com
Thu Dec 4 17:43:13 UTC 2003

Sebastiaan Deckers wrote:
> Chatstates
> + Straightforward design
> + Ridiculously easy to implement (~60 minutes in my case)
> + Introduces new conversation modes besides composing: active, inactive,
> gone
> +/- Works complementary to jabber:x:events offline/displayed/delivered

This is an interesting email... thanx for posting.
I had never thought about the possible co-existance of -22 (but NOT composing)
and chat-states but it does make a lot of sense.

The reason why this JEP is better than simple -22 is your third bullet point..
It allows more states than JEP-22 does.

pgm.