[standards-jig] UPDATED: JEP-0071 (XHTML-IM)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Dec 5 22:10:17 UTC 2003

I've released Version 0.11 of JEP-0071 (XHTML-IM). This is *not* the
final version this JEP to be submitted for a vote by the Jabber Council.
However, it is nearly complete. I have been talking with people from the
W3C about how we can define XHTML-IM as an XHTML Integration Set, and
that conversation continues. At this point we mainly need to define the
XML Schema correctly, using the concepts of XHTML modularization. That
work won't be finished (most likely) until January, so I thought it
would be good to at least publish a new version of the JEP. The only
structural change from the last version is that the <body/> child of the
namespace. There are also some rules regarding user agent conformance,
which we inherit from XHTML. And because the JEP is back in play, I've
changed the status back to Experimental.

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0071.html

Feedback is welcome as always.

Jabber Software Foundation