[standards-jig] Connecting to multiple S5B streamhosts simultaneously

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Sat Dec 6 03:20:17 UTC 2003

Yesterday I hit a snag with S5B, where the target would get hung up on one of
the streamhosts, causing a huge lag before it would try the next streamhost.

It seems this could be solved by having the target connect to all the
streamhosts simultaneously, and take the first one that works (meaning, the
full handshake succeeded).  In fact, I think this is already 'legal' in the
JEP-65 spec, and the initiator doesn't even need to be aware of it.

Assuming this is true, it might be worth adding an implementation note to the
JEP, recommending or at least hinting that this is possible.

-Justin