[standards-jig] Service discovery and localization

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Dec 8 18:21:51 UTC 2003

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 12:49:20AM +0100, Matthias Wimmer wrote:

> How should service discovery results be localized? Is the usage
> of xml:lang-attributes allowed for service discovery?

Hallo Matthias,

What kind of results? Are you thinking about something like this?

    <item jid='words.shakespeare.lit'
          xml:lang='en'
          name='Shakespearean Dictionary'/>
    <item jid='words.shakespeare.lit'
          xml:lang='de'
          name='Shakespearische Woerterbuch'/>

Obviously this is not specified in the JEP right now, but IMHO it is a
straightforward extension of the usage defined in the XMPP I-Ds.

Jabber Software Foundation