[standards-jig] gateway handling of legacy contact lists

Joe Hildebrand JHildebrand at jabber.com
Thu Dec 11 20:50:01 UTC 2003

With the caveat that the gateway, on receiving a <presence
type='subscribe'/>, will check to see if you are already subscribed to that
contact on the other side of the gateway.  If so, it just responds <presence
type='subscribed'/>.  If not, it should subscribe (or add to your buddy
list, or whatever) on the other side of the gateway.

This gets rid of a few race conditions.

--
Joe Hildebrand