[standards-jig] S5B Extension

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Thu Dec 11 22:00:36 UTC 2003

On Thursday 11 December 2003 01:19 pm, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> As to your statement that removing role-switching was "unfair", that is
> your assertion.

Fine, so it is completely allowed according to JEP-0001.  I still think it is
unfair.

> As to your statement that these changes did not have to be seconded by
> the members of the JSF, that statement is false, since JEP changes never
> have to be seconded by the JSF membership. The process is clearly
> defined in JEP-0001. However, as noted, the changed document was
> published on the jabber.org website and announced on this list.

This is true.  I apologize then, for not fully analyzing the new draft after
publication.  My excuse for you is that while I do remember your report, I
don't remember it explicitly mentioning that the role-switch feature was
removed.  Considering the size of JEP-65, I find it easy to miss something
that I'm not looking for.

> You assume that the authors seem reluctant to add role-switching back.
> That may or may not be the case. You sent a message about this on
> 2003-11-30. The fact that you have not yet received a reply does not
> necessarily indicate that the authors will not make this change.

I have chatted with Dave Smith, and he did not agree the feature should be
restored.

-Justin