[standards-jig] gateway handling of legacy contact lists

Joe Hildebrand JHildebrand at jabber.com
Sat Dec 13 01:01:32 UTC 2003

What if I log in with Y!, add someone to my roster, and then log back in
through the gateway?

I think the gateway has to keep state as to which users it has sent
x:rosters for.  When it retrieves the remote roster on login, it should
compare the two, and send an x:roster with new contacts (and unsubscribed
for ones that aren't there any more).

--
Joe Hildebrand