[standards-jig] UPDATED: JEP-0121 (Initial Infobits Registration)

Michael Brown michael at aurora.gen.nz
Mon Dec 15 22:51:14 UTC 2003

I agree with this.  Lets remember that a lot of work over many years has
gone into the open vCard format, and now it appears that we are trying to
invent our own similar-but-different format overnight.

Whatever we come up with, should be directly mapable to a standard vCard
(for humans at least).  It needs to follow the same structure as a vCard -
ie if vCard has nested data, we should not be using a flat data structure.

What is really missing from the current vCard solution IMO is some sort of
ACL that would allow me to protect or grant access to certain fields to
public or people on my roster (pubsub?) and a way to be able to request
the data a field or fields at a time.

Michael